Saturday 19 April 2014

American Idol Season 13 - Top 8 Redux Live Show

Hello!!!

Still Top 8!!!. Sam was saved last week and the theme for this week is Songs from the 80's. I don't think this is going to be my favorite week. But here are my recap for this week show. 

1. Jena Irene (I Love Rock n Roll by Joan Jett)

~ I love the intro. So beautiful. But then she stand up and it become average to me. Nothing really interesting me about this song choice. I love Jena but this isn't one of her best. B

2. Dexter Roberts (Keep You Hand To Yourself by Georgia Satellites)

~ This performance is too karaoke-ish to me. I don't like it. Nothing memorable at all unlike his performance last week. C

3. Malaya Watson (Through The Fire by Chaka Khan)

~ Siobhan Magnus (Season 9) sing this song before and it was her weakest performance. I don't think this song is a good choice for Malaya. She struggled on some notes. After a streak of good performances, this one just didn't work for me. C

4. Jessica Meuse (Call Me by Blondie)

~ I think the vocal is solid but what I didn't like from this performance is her energy and stage presence. She didn't give any attitude and she walked around the stage like she's in pageant. It's an average performance for me. B

5. Sam Woolf (Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper)

~ I like this song choice for Sam. The arrangement is very interesting but I saw this kinda of arrangement before. But overall much better from what we saw from him lately. B+

6. Alex Preston (Every Breath You Take by The Police)

~ Like this performance but I want him to 'attack' more with this song. It's too laid back for me. But I love his vocal. Very dynamic. B+

7. C.J. Harris (Free Falling by Tom Petty)

~ This is so out of tune. I think the judges were too soft on him. C.J has a very beautiful tone but I didn't hear that in this performance. C-

8. Caleb Johnson (Faithfully by Journey)

~ Caleb is a clear winner this week. I love his vocal. The way he controls his vocal is so great. I'm glad that he toned it down the loudness in his performance. A

Overall, not a great week. I hate the theme. I'm not against 80's music but the song choice for 80's were always terrible. Here are my ranking

1. Caleb Johnson: A
2. Alex Preston: B+
3. Sam Woolf: B+
4. Jena Irene: B
5. Jessica Meuse: B
6. Dexter Roberts: C
7. Malaya Watson: C
8. C.J. Harris: C-

Bottom 2: C.J Harris & Malaya Watson

Eliminated: Malaya Watson

Wow.. I knew she's in danger but still I think she's going to be safe. It's not fair cause Malaya has lot of great performances compared to CJ, Dexter and even Sam. Malaya grown on me a lot in this competition. I didn't like her at first but she continued to impress me. 

Next week theme is Competitor's Pick. So, sabotage anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This

Read This