Saturday 25 January 2014

American Idol Season 13 - Audition Week #2 (Detroit & Atlanta)

Hello!!!

Week 2 and we have lot of talents this week especially from the girls. I love Harry Connick Jr. too. I think he's super funny and the chemistry between him and Keith especially is so great.

Here are my favorites from week two.

Detroit


Marrialle Sellars ~ She's so commercial. She looks like Miley Cyrus which is weird. She sings 'Grenade' and it is very unique. I love that she bring along her guitar. Very memorable auditions.


Ayla Stackhouse ~ I love her soulful voice. Great song choice as well. Very unique. Definitely my favorite audition this week.


Jena Asciutto ~ Another strong girl this week. She sings a very different and jazzy version of Adele's Rolling In The Deep. She seems so innocent and genuine. She listens to the critiques from the judges. Love her.


Jade Lathan ~ Another strong contender this year. I love her personality. She sings Amy Winehouse's song. Totally forgot the name of that song. Great audition.


Brandy Neelly ~ I remember her from last season. So surprised when she was cut at Hollywood round last year but she's back and even better this time. She's a country singer. Her tone reminds me of Dolly Parton.


Ethan Harris ~ The only male contestant that I like from Detroit. Very sweet and he's a big fan of Keith Urban. His tone is so unique and soft. I love it.


Atlanta


Majesty York ~ Oh gosh.. Love her. Beautiful tone and great personality. Love her name. Majesty? Gorgeous name. She sings Violet Hill from Coldplay. 


Jessica Meuse ~ Another standout from Atlanta. Her tone reminds me of Stevie Nicks a lot. She's a rocker. Judges love her and I'm in love with her too. 


Kristen O'Connor & Emily Piriz ~ Two girls with a very big voice. Their tones are great but kinda similar for me. I love the nurse, Kristen more than Emily but they have so much potential


Jordan Brisbane ~ He's fifteen years old. So cute and adorable but I think he oversing the song a little bit. I think he can do better than this but I still like him. 


Neco Starr & Caleb Johnson ~ Both were cut during Season 11. I love Caleb's voice. I think Neco is just okay and he did better in Season 11. 


Bria Anai Johnson ~ The girl with sparkling purple lipstick. I think she has a very generic diva voice and she changed the song too much. I didn't even realized that it was Adele's One & Only at first. But I think she has potential. Only fifteen years old. 

Overall such a great week. Especially from the girls. So many standouts such as Jena, Majesty, Ayla, Marialle, Jessica, Jade and Kristen. Next week is the last week for the audition. I'll see you guys later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This

Read This