Wednesday 14 May 2014

American Idol Season 13 - Top 4 Live Show

Hello!!!

For the first time, Top 4 will sing 3 songs each and the theme for this week are Break-Ups, Dedication & Make-Ups. Here are my review for the show this week. 

1. Caleb Johnson (You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi, Travelin' Band by CCR & Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney)

~ After Blake Lewis slayed this song back on Season 6, no one should ever try to attempt this song again on Idol. Caleb's version was just okay to me. A little bit karaoke-ish to me. His second song was typical Caleb. Very predictable and safe. I like his third performance the most but still compare to what he did with Skyfall, The Edge Of Glory and Faithfully, this one wasn't really special for me. B-, B- & B+

2. Jessica Meuse (Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson, So What by Pink & You & I by Lady GaGa)

~ Since U Been Gone is such a tough song but Jessica did okay. Nothing special but I kinda like it. I don't get the second song. So her dedication song was So What. Again, another average performance from Jessica but she slayed the third song. I love the way she connects to the song. Her vocal was perfect for this song. I like her version more than Haley Reinhart & Elise Testone. B, B & A

3. Jena Irene (Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar, Bad Romance by Lady GaGa & Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis Praisley

~ I think her first performance was so solid. But that kind of song isn't really my thing. Same as Jessica, Jena's song choice for the dedication was weird. Bad Romance? But I kinda like the arrangement and her energy for this song. Her final performance was epic. Definitely the performance of the season. Her voice, the arrangement, everything was so perfect. B+, B+ & A+

4. Alex Preston (Too Close by Alex Clare, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz & Yellow by Coldplay)

~ I love Too Close. I saw a different side of Alex with this song. As for his second song, I think theme wise, Alex picked the right song to dedicate to someone. But the whole performance felt so safe and predictable. It didn't feel original. But Alex redeemed himself with Yellow. I love his connection with the song. Great song choice from him. B+, B- & A

Overall, such a solid week especially the last round. Everyone stepped up their game. Here are my rankings for this week. 

1. Jena Irene - Can't Help Falling In Love: A+
2. Jessica Meuse - You & I: A
3. Alex Preston - Yellow: A
4. Jena Irene - Bad Romance: B+
5. Alex Preston - Too Close: B+
6. Caleb Johnson - Maybe I'm Amazed: B+
7. Jena Irene - Heartbreaker: B+
8. Jessica Meuse - Since U Been Gone: B
9. Jessica Meuse - So What: B
10. Alex Preston - I'm Yours: B-
11. Caleb Johnson - You Give Love A Bad Name: B-
12. Caleb Johnson - Travelin' Band: B-

Results:

Bottom 2: Alex Preston & Jessica Meuse

Eliminated: Jessica Meuse

Damn!!! I really want to see Jena-Alex-Jess in the Top 3. I can't believe that Caleb managed to sneak in the Top 2. I'm so sad to see Jess went home. No matter what, Summertime Sadness is still going to be one of my favorite performance for this season. I'll see you guys again next week!!! Top 3!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This

Read This