Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Voice Season 6 - Top 8 Live Show

Hello!!!

This week, 3 contestants will be eliminated instead of two which is so crazy. I'm so nervous for my favorites. But here are my review of this week performance.

1. Sisaundra Lewis (River Deep Mountain High by Ike & Tina Turner)

~ Arghh this song... The same song that got Pia Toscano eliminated from American Idol Season 10. Sisaundra performed so well but there's no way, she'll escape the bottom 4 with this song. Poor song choice from her. B-

2. Josh Kaufman (I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt)

~ I think this song is perfect for Josh. However I found it a little bit sleepy but overall, I think people will love this. And his fans is going to vote for him. Great vocal performance from Josh. B+

3. Kat Perkins (Get Lucky by Daft Punk Ft Pharell)

~ I think this performance is such a polarizing performance but I love it. I love her energy. Unlike Sisaundra, she picked better song. I'm not sure how she's going to survive this week considering she was barely survived the elimination last week but her chance is definitely better than Sisaundra. A-

4. Kristen Merlin (I Drive Your Truck by Luke Brian)

~ This isn't one of my favorite performance from Kristen. A little bit predictable and sleepy. I want her to attack more but her voice is so beautiful. I just want her to deliver it more. B

5. Delvin Choice (I Believe I Can Fly by R.Kelly)

~ Well, if he survive this, I'm not sure what else to say. This is so predictable. The song choice, the performance, the vocal. Everything was so predictable. I can't believe he chose this song. Goodbye, Delvin. C- 

6. Audra McLaughlin (Forgive by Rebecca Lynn Howard)

~ I want Audra to make it to the Top 5. I think she deserved that. She's very consistent however compared to the last 3 weeks, this is my least favorite performance from her. However, it's still better than some of the other contestants this week. B+

7. Jake Worthington (Hillbilly Deluxe by Brooks & Dunn)

~ Okay. I give up on Jake. I really like him but again and again, he didn't performed well. I can't understand some of his phrasing. He became so predictable lately. Too bad cause I really like his voice. C+

8. Christina Grimmie (How To Love by Lil Wayne)

~ Last round was so epic. And Christina continues her streak of good performances. Her technical skills are so good. I love the way she controlled her high notes. A-

Here are my full ranking for this week;

1. Christina Grimmie - How To Love: A-
2. Kat Perkins - Get Lucky: A-
3. Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me: B+
4. Audra McLaughlin - Forgive: B+
5. Kristen Merlin - I Drive Your Truck: B
6. Sisaundra Lewis - River Deep Mountain High: B-
7. Jake Worthington - Hillbilly Deluxe: C+
8. Delvin Choice - I Believe I Can Fly: C-

Results:

Bottom 4: Delvin Choice, Kat Perkins, Audra McLaughlin & Sisaundra Lewis. 

Instant Save: Kat Perkins

Eliminated: Audra McLaughlin, Sisaundra Lewis & Delvin Choice

I think Delvin & Sisaundra deserved to be eliminated over their poor song choice but Audra. I think she nailed her instant save performance more than Kat but Kat had better performance this week. So I was so torn. 

Next week, two more artistes will be eliminated leaving three finalists to compete in the finale. Right now, my prediction for the finale are Christina, Josh & Kristen but I believe somehow Jake will be there over Kristen. I love Jake but Kristen deserved that spot more than him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This

Read This